How We Are Kickstarting Our Health in 2021
New year, new me? No thank you. We don't believe that just because it is a new year we magically turn into health gurus, perfect moms, or someone who thrives by waking up at 4am. These things take time and small changes are what lead to success and personal growth over time. We sat down as a team and talked over what small steps we are going to take individually to kickstart our health in 2021. Here's a few things we are doing that might be of interest to you!
1. Whole30. Sydney, our Marketing Director, is doing Whole30 the month of January. We know, some people are not fans of Whole30 and you should definitely consult with your doctor before participating in any stringent diet, but this is a great way to cleanse your body of dairy, gluten and alcohol after the holidays. Click here for more on Whole30!
2. Anti-inflammatory Diet. Allie, our Founder and CEO is incorporating many Anti-inflammatory meals into her diet this month. Similar to the Mediterranean Diet, this diet incorporates a lot of green leafy vegetables, olive oils, nuts, fish, and fruits. It is believed to help with a ton of inflammatory diseases. Click here for more on the Anti-inflammatory Diet.
3. Dry January. Don't know how you celebrate the holidays in your family but in ours the holidays are all about red wine. As much as we love red wine, there is so much sugar in it. After a few weeks of fun, laughs, and indulging it is time we say goodbye to the red wine and all alcohol for 31 days. See you in February 👋🏼
4. Corepower Yoga Online. Corepower has great online classes to help you tone up and center yourself. Just unroll your mat in the safety and comfort of your home and go. This has been one of our go-to's during quarantine. Promise you will be sweating after a 30 min sculpt class. 😅
5. Peleton Classes Online. Must we say more? The Peleton App has amazing classes with some of the best instructors. Even if you don't have the bike, you can use the Peleton App. Yoga, strength training, meditations, and so much more.
6. Dry Brushing. Melissa Wood from Melissa Wood Health always speaks about dry brushing on her Instagram stories, and of course I was influenced! But, seriously the benefits of dry brushing are great! I have noticed a decrease in cellulite and an increase in blood flow. For more on the benefits of dry brushing, click here.
7. Facial Steamer. We are missing being able to get facials, so we brought the facials home to us. There are many benefits of using a facial steamer before doing your nightly skincare routine. The steamer helps open your pores so your skin can better absorb the products you are using and your skin will love the extra hydration during the winter. Here is the facial steamer I use.
8. Tossing the Toxins. Something that is believed to better your health is using non-toxic products. Whether it is non-toxic beauty products, cleaning products, or makeup. There are non-toxic versions of everything nowadays. Yes, they may cost a bit more than your traditional products filled with cheap fillers but do your research and invest in your health and non-toxic products that matter to you. You can read our blog post on our favorite non-toxic deodorants here.
9. Meal Prepping. Meal prepping has been all the rage the last few years. It's definitely not for everyone, but we have loved meal prepping some quick and easy breakfast items, grab and go and you are out of the door. Makes mornings much more simple and less stressful not having to scrub eggs off of a pan at 7am.
10. Nightly Meditation. We've talked about this one before, but it really does help with sleep. I use the calm app for nightly 10 minute meditations to help ease my mind, forget about the unanswered emails, and the to-do list. It has definitely helped me get a better night sleep!
Happy 2021 mamas, you've got this. Let's all work together to implement small changes to achieve the best versions of ourselves!