Hey mamas! Meet our favorite recipe developed @lemonseed_.
Jessie-Anna has made 2 recipes just for our Outercircle mamas. All the recipes Jessie develops are all gluten-free and vegetarian and our kids love them as well!
Sticky Tofu with Pesto Tahini Dressing
Pesto Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup smooth tahini
- 1/4 hot water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice & zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp hellmans mayo
- 1/4 cup packed basil, finely sliced
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- whisk all ingredients except the basil together.
- put combined dressing into a small blender, add the basil and blitz for a few seconds to combine! Adjust for seasoning.
Sticky Tofu Recipe:
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed & cut into small cubes.
- 1/4 gluten free tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated
- combine the sauce, and toss the tofu gently in it. Place the tofu on a parchment lined tray and bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through. When it’s finished. Turn your oven off and drizzle more of the marinate over the tofu. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes to make the glaze sticky!
- Plate your bowls with the sticky tofu over warm steamed rice, fresh market greens, sliced cucumber, heritage tomatoes, roasted corn, avocado and more basil! Drizzle with the pesto tahini dressing and enjoy!!
Summer Sheet Pan Bowl with Roasted BBQ Tofu, Cauliflower and Corn with a dreamy Cilantro Green Goddess Dressing.
Recipe serves 2:
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce (I used @stubbsbbqsauce )
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix glaze ingredients and reserve 2 tbsp
Roasted Tofu, Cauliflower & Corn
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower
- 1 341 ml can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 400 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cube the tofu and toss in 1/2 of the bbq glaze.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tofu and flip each piece.
- Cut the cauliflower into bike sized pieces & toss in the remaining bbq glaze.
- Increase the oven heat to 425, and add the glazed cauliflower to the tray.
- Rinse and drain the corn & toss in olive oil, vegan butter, salt, pepper and chili flakes (optional)
- Return the pan with tofu, cauliflower and corn to the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425, flipping half way through until the tofu, cauliflower and corn are starting to get crispy and browned!
- toss the tofu and cauliflower in the reserved 2 tbsp bbq sauce.
Cilantro Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup rough chopped cilantro & stems, packed.
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo (@hellmannscanada )
- 1/3 cup plain vegan oat yoghurt (@maison_riviera )
- 2 tbsp green onion (1 onion, white & light green parts only) roughly chopped.
- Zest from one lime
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic (1/2 small clove)
Add all ingredients to a small blender and adjust for seasoning (more salt or lime juice). Keeps in the fridge for up to one week.