The Hosting Guide
Here are 10 tips to help you host an unforgettable dinner party:
1. Plan ahead: Decide on a date, time, and guest list well in advance to ensure that everyone can attend.
2. Choose a theme: A theme can add a fun and unique element to your party. It could be as simple as a color scheme.
3. Send out invitations: Send out invitations at least two weeks before the party, and be sure to include all the necessary information such as the theme, dress code, and RSVP deadline.
4. Plan your menu: Choose dishes that are easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. Consider any dietary restrictions your guests may have.
5. Set the table: Create an inviting atmosphere by setting the table with matching plates, glasses, and cutlery. Add a centerpiece, place cards, and candles for an extra touch.
6. Prepare drinks: Have a selection of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages available. Consider serving a signature cocktail that ties in with your theme.
7. Create a playlist: Set the mood with some background music that complements the theme of your party.
8. Have some icebreakers ready: Help your guests get to know each other with some conversation starters.
9. Serve dessert: Finish off the meal with a sweet treat that everyone will enjoy.
10. Enjoy yourself: Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the company of your guests. Don't stress about things being perfect – your guests will appreciate the effort you put in!
Our favorite hosting pieces:
Every good host has a cheese board set. These are a must!
I love a wine decanter for red wine! It is important to let red wine breathe and airate, plus it just looks prettier in a decanter.
Edible flowers are always a special touch in spring cocktails or on a charcuterie board.
Place cards are always a great way to make your guest feel welcome. How cute are these place card holders?!
Love reuseable cocktail napkins. These are stunning and would look great on a spring tablescape.
Tiny vases are always great to spread out on your tablescape. I love these small Vietri vases!
We LOVE Estelle Colored Glasses. Get a few different colors to mix and match!
Another fun way to add in some color to your table is colorful candle sticks.
A butter bell is a great way to serve butter. It makes the butter soft and spreadable and looks much better then just having in on a plate.
Every host needs a wooden salad bowl. Love this one for all seasons!
Finally, gold serving wear is a new trend that I love. A gold touch makes any tablescape feel a bit more chic.
Don't stress over your hosting outfit! The Pacific Devyn tank is the perfect tank to throw on with a pair of white jeans!